A Letter From Your Client
A Letter From Your Client
Strategy Consultant in Pune
Business Strategy Consultant
Eha management consultancy
It was a very exciting week as we have added one more client to our list. Though it is a routine and normal process of getting hired as their management consultants in Pune, what made us to ponder was the letter we received from our client. Simply put, it had all the elements of what they expect from us, what we have to do and not to do. So far so good… But the way it was written, be it the flow of language or thoughts, it was scintillating and similar to that of Warren Buffet’s advice on financial matters. Let us present the crux of the letter, as we feel it would guide many of the upcoming management consultants. To bring out the true essence, we have narrated the salient parts of letter as written. Greetings and congratulations for winning our project, inspite of tough competition. We are truly excited to be on our side to guide us. Let us put forth few words that can smooth the work flow and complete the project on time.
- You are likely to be the centre of attraction and people may be curious about what you do and more importantly what you cannot do. You may or may not be aware of this fact, but it is better to keep used to be continuously subjected under intense attention.
- It may be true that we are just one of your many clients, but while you are in our office, focus only on the issues that pertain to us.
- We would like to hear your candid feedback of our work system, employees directly from you and never through any other personnel. Sugar coated superficial talks may not help neither you nor us to complete the project in time.
- In our journey of business, we have come across several consultants who have an impregnated mind of “we know everything”. We sincerely feel that you don’t belong to that category, for it curtails free flow of thoughts among colleagues and hampers the creativity of the team. In a nutshell, it is not acceptable.
- We do not expect you to stress upon the gripping issues that we are facing. We have hired you to solve those issues and not for reiterating it. Unless requested by us, we don’t expect you to pinpoint the employees who caused the problem. It is really not your problem but ours. What we need is the solution to solve the problem and nothing else.
- It is a fact that any new idea for solving the issues may create chaotic scenes. Brief us and make us ready to expect the unexpected. We are not interested in the methodology (as long as it is ethical and legal) you adapt to solve our problem, but only on positive results.
- We place full authority with you for project completion, but still it is our premises and we welcome you as our guest. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Have all these aspect in your mind and I am sure that we will have a successful project and a productive association for years to come.
Having offered our services as marketing consultants in Pune for long time, this was the best thought provoking letter we had ever received. Hope this serves as an eye opener for many who wish to pursue their career as consultants.