|Marketing strategy – Sample|
|Dr. Sachin Mohan Bhide, Marketing Consultant, Eha Management Consultancy 9823038828 email@example.com|
Table of contents
List of tables
- Formulate formal marketing strategy
- Develop marketing strategy implementation plan
- Bulk SMS
- Designing (logo)
- Mobile application development (Android)
- Software applications (Desktop, web based/Software As A Service-SAAS)
- Website hosting, designing, development, and maintenance
- Website Designing
- Web Application Development
- Mobile App Development
- Social Media marketing / Branding / Promotions
- Industry associations
- Banking & Financial Services (BFSI)
- Cleaning services/Hygiene
- Cold storage
- Event management
- Information Technology
- Cutting tools
- PEB (Pre Engineered Buildings)
- Multi-Level Marketing (MLM)
- Non-Government Organization (NGO)
- Business listing
- Personal branding
- Real estate
- Social networking
- Security (CCTV – Closed Circuit Television)
- Waste water treatment
- Builders and Developers
- Educational Institutes
- Coaching classes
- Wedding venues
|Builders and Developers||Promotional emails, phone calls, SEO, event participations
Promotional emails, phone calls
- Survey – Conduct survey on focus industries and service types
- Press release – Submit survey results through online PR sites
- Develop case studies of projects successfully completed from chosen industry and service types
- Advertising strategy
- Google AdWords
- Advertising in focus industry publications
- Advertising in focus industry trade shows/events/exhibitions
- Social media campaigns
- Direct mail
- What are you selling?
- Web presence development through websites, social media, and visual branding
- Web and mobile application development
- How you are selling?
You will need to proactively sell the services through:
- Sales executives
- Word of mouth – Testimonials
- Network – Partner with complimentary service providers
- Search Engine Optimization
- Email marketing
- Who are influencers to your customers?
- Association decisions
- Business friends
- Network of customers who are working in IT field
- Google searches are also influencer
- Hardware service providers
- How is your market?
|Supportive environment due to initiatives like Digital India|
|Current economic scenario is mixed as different industries are having different economic situation|
|Having online presence and applications is accepted as basic need by people|
|4||Technological||More and more people are adopting smart phones which is making increasingly important for businesses to have their digital presence|
- Why somebody will buy your product?
|1. Projects handled from different industries
2. Team of highly skills
3. Office set-up
4. Satisfied customers
5. Highly motivated founder
|1. Ever increasing competition
2. Limited marketing budget
3. Lack of client awareness about technology
4. Customers feel website/software as cost
5. Low price expectations
6. Freelancers offering lower rates than us
|1. With formal marketing, opportunity to grow business beyond existing network
2. To develop speciality/product
|4||Threats||1. Continuous pressure on reducing prices since customers are increasingly becoming more demanding
2. Competent employees living the company
- How is your competition?
|Location||For international business, competition is from across India and the world.|
|Pricing||Varies a lot|
|Marketing activities||Not much|
|Reputation||Varies a lot|
- How will you get contact details of prospective customers?
- Update social media presence
- Get database of companies from focus industries.
- Who is your real buyer?
Entrepreneurs and CEOs in focus industries
- How can you try to talk to real buyer?
- What you can promise about your services?
- Timely delivery
- How can you offer reliability to your customers?
- Go for ISO or relevant certifications
- Customer testimonials
- How can you prove through you post-sales services that you are long-term player? What kind of maintenance you can offer? What kind of support you can offer?
Provide convenient maintenance options to customers.
How can you be in a contact with your customers?
- Email marketing
You can send emails about your product to prospective and existing customers. It is direct, cost effective, permission based, segment focused, and measurable was to keep in touch.
- SMS marketing
Communicate with prospective and existing customers through SMS.
- Social media
Use Facebook page, LinkedIn, and Twitter for communicating your product.
|Month||Marketing road map for one year|
|October 2015||1. Find keywords for web and mobile app development companies and optimize website for it.
2. Develop case studies and get testimonials for past projects on:
1. Website Designing
2. Web Application Development
3. Mobile App Development
4. Social Media marketing / Branding / Promotions
3. Remove mention of non-focus services from website and any other promotional content
4. Start writing blog on focus services and industries
5. Add list of industry verticals served till date to website and other promotional content
6. Recruit sales executives/interns to send promotional emails, phone calls, etc.
7. Develop Social Media marketing action plan for next three months
8. Set-up email marketing system
9. Make list of specific complimentary service provider who you can contact immediately for collaboration
10. Make sure to communicate your strengths in all the promotional content
11. Set up accounts on freelancing sites like guru.com, elance.com
|November 2015||1. Conduct survey on focus industries and service types
2. Based on Survey results, publish press release
4. Explore Google AdWords
5. Develop standard marketing proposals for each service type
6. Get database of companies to contact
7. Develop standard company presentation and presentation for each service type
8. Set up SMS marketing system
|December 2015||1. Identify publications in focus industries & explore advertising or writing articles|
|January 2016||1. Explore tie-ups with small IT companies located in selective international markets|
|February 2016||1. Develop e-books on problems faced by your clients & solutions|
|March 2016||1. Develop info-graphics|
|April 2016||1. Develop videos|
|May 2016||1. Develop audios|